Saturday, January 13, 2018

Some hoard them, some restore them, some race them, I photograph them…



A new year, a new idea!
Recently I spent a bright, hot, sunny morning photographing an old favorite subject captured many times in conventional ways. But this time, the light being so strong, lent itself to graphic results which was carried further in post processing as I find the old rusty cars most appropriate for this treatment. Being familiar with my subject, made it possible to immediately visualize photographs with dramatic contrasts and knew the feeling I hoped to convey. Thus having an idea of how I wanted the finished image to look. However the exciting part is always the element of surprise in some of the unexpected designs as the images emerge. Then it is time to concentrate on the balance of the patterns, develop them paying great attention to the distribution of the visual weight of objects, colors, texture, and space.
I focused on designs and had fun.










No comments:

Post a Comment