Wednesday, January 27, 2016

KOGELBAAI 2016




Last Saturday I joined the outing of the Helderberg Club and besides meeting good old friends, I made new ones on the edge of the water while watching the sun set over the sea.

As always with this kind of subject perseverance is required and as we sat on boulders, watching the wind blowing offshore and creating lovely fans of spray off the tips of the waves I shot, changing my shutter speeds to achieve different results.

I find it exhilarating to freeze the raw power of the wave as it burst with force on the rocks and capturing every droplet suspended in the air. The light was beautiful and sitting at a low angle, I could see through the water made translucent in the backlight bringing out striking emerald greens. Later on the intriguing colours appearing after the sunset invite slow shutter speeds and a gentle panning motion to give a painting quality to the water.










No comments:

Post a Comment