Tuesday, May 24, 2011

THE DESERT RAT IS BACK !

Just in case you wonder why we go back and back.....
Sorting my Desert pics, I need to pinch myself as I still can't believe this is what I saw.

I have roamed the desert for 20 years and this must have been the most spectacular display of clouds, storms and light I have ever seen in Namibia. We had several thunder storms every day. What a show and it was so very hot.

Wet-kikoy-hot! It means wearing a wet kikoy(large, colourful Kenyan cloth) over our shoulders all day and sleeping under one in an attempt to survive the scorching heat of 45 to 50 degree centigrade we had for a month.

I had a good time with a lot of laughing as our Workshop Participants joined in to make my birthday a fun time in spite of getting up at 3.30 am.

But if it was to see sunrises like these, what a pleasure to be able to say: "another hard day at the office !" in such a marvelous setting.













No comments:

Post a Comment