Wednesday, September 1, 2010

WINTER IN JONKERSHOEK

There's a certain slant of light,
Winter afternoons....
When it comes, the Landscape listens,
Shadows - hold their breath...
Emily Dickinson


It took me a long time to photograph my familiar world successfully but once I realized that the magic is on my doorstep every day, there was no holding back. In this collection of photographs taken from my garden in the Jonkershoek Valley, during our mild South African winter I have learned to take full advantage of the quality of the warmer light and its deeper shadows despite the short days and cold winds.











2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, love the misty ones. So glad to see you back on track! If one does not have a Google address, how does one leave a comment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ansie about the misty ones. I also love the painterly trees (fourth from bottom).

    ReplyDelete